It’s been so long since I’ve posted on this website, and for that I’m sorry! Not much I can say, anyway. Today, I came back to Crevis for the first time in a few months, and I realized something…
There’s no way we can get this game up to Steam’s standards anytime soon.
I thought a little bit about my options and what I can do about the situation… in my mind I laid out the many issues with the current build of Crevis.
- Development is way too slow
- Little to no control over caves and biomes
- Full of glitches and bugs in the inventory
- Extremely laggy when generating more terrain in a world that’s supposed to be infinite
- The story is 0% complete
So, I thought to myself…
What if I created maps for every playthrough? What if I made the game based more on the story?
I came up with the idea of:
- Handmade map(s)/universes
- An entirely separate world for underground exploration
- Softening the pixelated graphics
- Redoing the character movement
- Heavily basing the game off of the story
Thus, the idea of Crevis 2.0 was born!
Let me know what you think in the comments about this new “Crevis 2.0” (snapshots tomorrow!)
Until next time!
(P.S. Some sprites will come from Nesus!)\